Ingredients for 4 people
For the tartlet:
- 250 g of saffron flour
- 80 g of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100 g of butter
- 1 untreated lemon
- a pinch of salt
For the cheese custard
-150gr. Of sugar
-400gr of whole milk
-100g of fresh cream
-20g of corn starch
-20g of rice starch
-Dark chocolate to taste.
-Truffle to taste.
To make the tartlet:
- In a planetary mixer, add the butter at room temperature, mix it with the sugar and a pinch of salt
- Add the saffron flour and lemon zest. Keep going to knead
- Also add the eggs and continue mixing
- Transfer the dough to a clean and floured work surface and mix well with your hands
- Form a loaf, wrap it in cling film
- Let it rest for a couple of hours in the refrigerator
- Then, roll out the dough and place it in the desired molds
- Prick it at the base with a fork
- Put some beans on the bottom of each tartlet
- Cook at 170 ° C for about 30 minutes
For the cream:
- Put the egg yolks, vanilla and sugar in a bowl and whisk them with a whisk
- Then add the corn starch and rice flour and mix them with composed of eggs.
- Put the milk, cream and vanilla essence in a saucepan nice roomy. When the milk has reached a boil, add the mixture of eggs and flour.
- Without stirring, wait for the egg to be incorporated into the milk.
- Then quickly mix the cream with a whisk and turn off the heat.
- Immediately pour the custard into a bowl, cover it with transparent film, placing the film in contact on the cream and let it cool. Once cooled, add the mascarpone and mix well.
- On a serving plate lay the tartlet and with a sac à a few fill the tartlet with the cheese custard in fine garnished with slices of white truffle and dark chocolate grated.
We thank the chef Giuseppe Francesco Luci for making it.